The 2017 Payments Canada Summit started today and these are my top 10 takeaways:
1. Blockchain will change the world by making payments cost almost nothing and be crazy fast.
2. Sending money from one place to another is complicated and I will never understand all of the back end steps that make it work.
3. Whenever someone says ISO 20022 I fall asleep immediately. Sorry Janet.
4. Strangers can use my laptop webcam to spy on me, even when it’s off.
5. To keep people from falling asleep between sessions, play upbeat dance club music.
6. Co-opetition is a word.
7. Martec’s Law: Technology changes exponentially, organizations change logarithmically.
8. To keep people from leaving the conference entirely, have plenty of snacks and drinks available. And free stuff.
9. URL means Understand, Reason and Learn.
10. Chatbots are cool but robots that dance are way better for customer engagement.
To find out more about the 2017 Payments Canada Summit go to: https://www.thesummit.ca/
Also check out my podcast with Tate Hackert of ZayZoon, winner of the 2016 Payments Canada FinTech Cup and $20,000 grand prize: